Sunday, September 11, 2011

School!!

Alright, so the first week of school has now passed by, and it was actually awesome! The other kids in my class were all uber friendly and nice and welcoming! The classes might be a bit tough (the Swiss equivalent of high school, "college" is actually voluntary and so the level is quite elevated. English class is actually the funniest thig ever, because although the teacher was born in Switzerland, he is the epitomy of the stereotype of British-ness. "coffee or tea, and with whom" "good lord" "oh dear", as well as countless snide remarks, all said in a textbook "I was educated at Oxford, therefore everything I say sounds disdainful" voice. This is not to say I have anything against england, or the Brits... Quite the opposite, in fact- it is merely that almost anything he says sends me into a fit of laughter.

1 comment:

  1. My English teacher is the same... except she just sounds pompous...

    ReplyDelete